Today’s Daily Prompt: “We all know someone who could use a pep talk… so write them one!”
A pep talk. “Pep” – the word is a shortened form of “pepper”. The spice has been known and used for thousands of years and is today the most widely traded spice. The phrase “pep talk” was first used around 1910 but had a surge in the thirties.
I think I’m the one that needs the pep talk. Here I am, recovering from major depression, suffering from constant anxiety, starting a new job, feeling alone and friendless.
So here goes.
My dear friend, you are incredible. Let’s list some talents and virtues.
- You are a warm friend. You are caring and can be relied upon.
- A wonderful father (just look at the result).
- A romantic and generous partner.
- You are extremely well read.
- You’re highly intelligent.
- An experienced and knowledgeable computer tech.
- A decent programmer.
- You quickly learn new tech.
- When it comes to finding a solution you are dogged and determined.
- A fun dancer.
When you are well you are capable of so much. You have an interest in so many things that give you joy. Theatre, literature, art, papercraft, Lego.
Finally, remember that major depression has hit before and you came out the other side. You are capable of rebuilding the shattered mind and once again becoming that amazing man.
So do it!